Coal-Fired Kettle BBQ Butterfish
Fresh butterfish fillets, cut into 10cm lengths
1. Using a coal-fired BBQ kettle, burn coals for 40-50 minutes, until coals are covered in a white ash and the temperature has cooled to a slow heat.
2. Place fish fillets (four pieces maximum per strip) on 10x40cm strips of BBQ hotplate liner. This will stop the fish from sticking to the hotplate.
3. Cook each side of the fish between 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden, turning once. Note: Check for faster cooking, as BBQ coals may be warmer than expected. Fish should be lightly golden and very tender.
Serve fish fillets on a wooden board with a dollop of Romesco sauce.
Romesco Sauce (for BBQ Butterfish)
Makes 2 cups
1 slice crusty white bread, toasted
1 cup Yileena Park Yackandandah Extra Virgin olive oil with smoked garlic chips
2 ripe tomatoes, roasted
2 large chargrilled roasted red peppers, deseeded and peeled
12 Yileena Park Smoked Almonds, crushed
12 hazelnuts, roasted, crushed
½ cup Yileena Park 14-year-old Cabernet Merlot Vinegar
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
1. Chargrill whole capsicums on grill or over a gas flame until blackened all over, place in bowl and cover with glad wrap until cooled. Remove blackened skin and deseed.
2. Tear crusty white bread slice into even-sized pieces, drizzle with extra virgin oil and place on oven tray. Toast in oven at 180C until golden in colour, tossing occasionally, then reserve.
3. Cut tomatoes in half, place on oven tray, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook on 180C until tomatoes start to collapse.
4. Place toasted bread, roasted tomatoes and red capsicum into food processor with crushed nuts, red pepper flakes and vinegar.
5. While blending slowly pour in olive oil and continue to blend until puréed. Season to taste.
Waldorf Salad with Smoked Walnuts and Apple Remoulade
½ bunch celery, julienned
Yileena Park Smoked Walnuts
¼ bunch chives, cut into batons
Method, Apple Remoulade – Makes about 400ml
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Yileena Park 14-year-old Cabernet Merlot Vinegar
300ml Yileena Park Yackandandah extra virgin olive oil with smoked garlic chips
2 Granny Smith apples
1. Place egg yolks, Dijon mustard and vinegar in food processor, blitz until emulsified.
2. Slowly pour in oil while food processor is running. Blend until thickened to a fresh mayonnaise.
3. Season to taste.
4. Julienne apple and fold through mayonnaise.
Assemble the salad: arrange cleaned witlof leaves, apple remoulade, celery, smoked walnuts and grapes in a bowl. Garnish with herbs.