This no-bake cheesecake is one of the most simple and delightful offerings we’ve presented. While it does include some sweetened baked strawberries, this will only take a few minutes in a preheated oven. The recipe is great for making with children and is also a fantastic way for beginners to surprise their loved ones.
Sesame Ricotta Cheesecake Tart with baked strawberries and sweet balsamic dressing
1 x Cheesecake Biscuit Crumb Base (see recipe at essentialsmagazine.com.au)
Note: For the Sesame Ricotta Cheesecake Tart, add 2 tbsp black sesame seeds to the biscuit crumb base while blitzing.
250g cream cheese, warmed to room temperature
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
400g fresh ricotta cheese
Baby basil leaves and extra black sesame seeds to garnish
1. Prepare biscuit crumb base recipe, taking note of the additional black sesame seeds.
2. Transfer the rectangular flan tart tin to a refrigerator to allow the biscuit crumb base to cold set (approximately 10-15 minutes).
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla paste and honey in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until smooth and sugar has dissolved.
4. Using a spatula, fold through ricotta cheese until well combined.
5. Spoon generous amounts of the filling into the prepared flan tart tin with cold set biscuit crumb base.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 180C
1 punnet strawberries, topped and halved
½ cup brown sugar
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and arrange the strawberry halves evenly onto the paper.
2. Sprinkle generously with brown sugar, ensuring each strawberry segment is topped with sugar.
3. Place oven tray and bake until sugar has dissolved and strawberries have caramelised slightly.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Sweet Balsamic Dressing
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
1. In a small saucepan add sugar and water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until a caramel forms.
3. Carefully add the balsamic vinegar (warning: it might splatter in the hot caramel), stir in and remove pan from heat.
4. Allow to cool.
Arrange the baked strawberries on top of the cheesecake, drizzle with sweet balsamic dressing and garnish with an arrangement of baby basil leaves and a small sprinkling of black sesame seeds.
Essentials COVID-19 Supportive Coverage
Given the current COVID-19 crisis, it’s rapidly becoming apparent that money saving recipes are going to help us all over the coming months. In the last few days we’ve put together a collection of recipes at essentialsmagazine.com.au to help many get a head start on feeding families extremely well, for less money.
Over the coming weeks and months, Essentials aims to continue with clever food strategies, supportive ideas to share, and additionally we’ve now opened up our website and iOS app Essentials Magazine Australia allowing FREE subscription. To install the iOS app, visit the App Store today!