Going troppo with all the Australian coronavirus lockdowns? So are we! On that note, to lift spirits, here’s a tropical breakfast idea to help lighten your mood.
1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, honey and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined.
2. Dip the slices of sourdough into the egg mixture to coat evenly.
3. In a frying pan, melt half the butter over medium heat, then cook two slices of egg-coated bread, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Next, add the remaining butter and cook the second batch of sourdough slices.
250g ricotta cheese
Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp Beechworth Honey’s Bee Fruity Blue Gum Honey
1. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk ingredients vigorously until combined, and the ricotta becomes light and fluffy.
250g punnet fresh blackberries
6 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 tbsp Beechworth Honey’s Bee Fruity Blue Gum Honey
Preheat oven to 180C
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and evenly scatter the blackberries on top.
2. Place thyme sprigs randomly on top of the berries and drizzle with honey.
3. Bake for 5-10 minutes until the berries collapse slightly.
4. Remove from oven; allow to cool slightly.
Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to make 20 paw paw ribbons (10 per plate).
Bee Fruity Blue Gum Honey (to drizzle)
Arrange your French toast pieces on two plates, top each with thyme roasted blackberries and paw paw ribbons. Spoon a generous amount of ricotta whip onto each plate. Drizzle with honey.