Individual panna cotta served with a tablespoon of orange blossom honey syrup and segments of candied orange.
2 tsp powdered gelatine
3 tbsp chilled water
1¾ cup thickened cream
6 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp orange blossom water
1¼ cups Meredith Dairy goat’s milk yogurt
1. In a small bowl add the chilled water and gently scatter the powdered gelatine into the water using a teaspoon. Allow to stand for five minutes until the gelatine has absorbed the water and become a soft solid.
2. In a heavy-based medium saucepan add the cream and sugar. Gently warm over a medium-low heat. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
3. When the cream is warmed and sugar dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly stir in the orange blossom water and goat’s milk yogurt.
4. Gently whisk the mixture into the softened gelatine and continue to stir until well combined.
5. Pour the panna cotta mixture into small individual glass jars or panna cotta moulds of your choice. Should make 4-6 small serves.
6. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours until set.
Orange Blossom Honey Syrup
1 cup water
½ cup Beechworth Honey’s Bee Delicate Ironbark, Clover or Lucerne Honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp orange blossom water
Zest and juice of 1 large orange
2 cinnamon quills
1. Place all ingredients into a heavy-based medium saucepan, slowly bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until syrup thickens slightly.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Candied orange segments
Beechworth Honey’s Bee Delicate Honey
Top each individual panna cotta with a tablespoon of orange blossom honey syrup and two small segments of candied orange.