There comes a time when a decadent dessert is the order of the day and this sweet extravagant bread and butter brioche pudding is designed to warm hearts and minds.
Makes 4 individual puddings
¼ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 cups full cream milk
300ml thickened cream
4 small brioche buns
50g softened unsalted butter
1 small punnet of raspberries
1 small punnet of blackberries
½ cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp demerara sugar
1 small tub of Meander Valley Clotted Cream
cumquat marmalade to serve
chopped pistachio nuts to garnish
Preheat oven to 180C, grease 4 individual serving size ramekins with unsalted butter.
1. In a large bowl add the eggs, caster sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, milk and cream and whisk until well incorporated.
2. Slice each brioche bun into three even slices and spread butter on both sides of each slice.
3. Place one piece of buttered brioche into the base of each ramekin, ensuring that each piece is pressed down tightly.
4. Add two blackberries and two raspberries on top of the first layer of butter brioche, repeat for all ramekins.
5. Pour a small amount of the egg mixture into each ramekin to cover the fruit.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4, two more times to layer up the puddings.
7. Evenly scatter an equal amount of dried cranberries on top of each pudding, top with a sprinkling of demerara sugar.
8. Bake in the over for 30-35 minutes, until golden and set.
Top puddings with a dollop of clotted cream and cumquat marmalade and garnish with chopped pistachio nuts.