Farmed Australian blue mussels are one of the most sustainable seafood choices you can make. Mussels are a protein source that doesn’t cost the earth. And they play an essential role in keeping the waters clean and in balance.
Mussels with garlic and breadcrumbs are fantastic as an entree to impress your guests or as a standalone main course with a simple tossed salad.
With the tender, sweet and rich texture of plump winter mussels topped with a delicious combination of garlic, breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley, it’s the perfect winter dish for you and your family to enjoy.
Mussels with Garlic and Breadcrumbs
1kg Eyre Peninsula Seafoods Boston Bay (brand) Ready To Cook Mussels
½ cup breadcrumbs, Panko or normal
3 tbsp grated parmesan
1 cup finely chopped parsley
2 cloves of garlic, finely crushed
½ cup premium olive oil
Lemon wedges to serve
Preheat oven to 220C
1. Add a cup of water and the mussels to a large pot.
2. Put the lid on and let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir the mussels occasionally to help the mussels open.
4. Reserve the mussel stock liquid, placing it into a cup.
5. Half shell the mussels and place them on a baking tray.
6. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and parsley to a bowl and mix well.
7. Add olive oil to the breadcrumb mixture and combine.
8. Top the mussels with an even amount of the mussel stock; this stops the mussels from drying out in the over.
9. Add a generous amount of breadcrumb to the top of each half shelled mussel, spreading evenly to create a smooth top layer.
10. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes until lightly golden. Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon.